Are flannel sheets too hot to use in the summer?

We have recently bought - for the first time - flannel sheets for winter use, but wonder if we can use them year-round. We live in California.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Personally I find them too hot for summer use, but it is up to you. If you are a person that gets cold easily then the flannel might be just the thing you need and want. I know that some areas in California do get quite brisk during winter nights. Just keep em for winter use, as I do. I break them out and toss in the dryer for 10 minutes with a dryer sheet to freshen up after storage. They come out fresh and warm ready to some nice warm sleepin. ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz

• 1 decade ago

I live in California too and I use flannel sheets all year round. But then again I'm one of those people that are always cold. The rest of my family don't use them in the summer. So I guess it depends on the person.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Hi Nopo,

I'm in Los Angeles. While I don't use my flannel sheets anymore (I switched to 1000 - 1200 threadcount), I use my electric blanket year round.

Flannel sheets are comfortable year round. They feel good on the skin. They aren't warm, but they aren't cool like regular sheets are (which is why I use my electric blanket).

• 1 decade ago

In our house they are too hot in the winter. This is definitely a personal preference answer.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I tend to think they're a bit too warm but it's all a matter of personal preference. They are ooh so comfy so if you can stand the heat, I'd keep them.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Why would you care what other people think? if you feel like using them year-round then by all means do, its all about what you and your partner like.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.