Samoas vs Caramel deLites?

What is the difference between the Samoas and Caramel deLites Girl Scout Cookies?

Favorite Answer

little brownie bakers calls them samoas ABC bakers calls them caramel delights. Some of the other cookies have two names also so it just depends on which baker is the one that makes the cookies for your area.

Source(s): girl scouts of america web site
  • pfarr

Caramel Delites

Caramel Delights

I think, or I thought at least, that they were in fact one in the same cookie. When I lived in Ohio, the cookies were called Samoas, but when I moved to West Virginia, the same cookie was called a Caramel deLite, if memory serves me right of course. Also, they are my favorite cookie.

• Shahid

Samosa vs Caramel deLite

Samoas are one of the most popular variety of Girl Scout cookie sold by the Girl Scouts of the USA. These consist of a circular vanilla cookie about 2 inches in diameter with a small hole in the center, covered in caramel and toasted coconut and then striped with chocolate. This is one of the few cookies in the group that has differences depending on the bakery. The reason there are two names is because while similar, the cookies have some differences. Samoas are made by Little Brownie Bakers. They are circular, with an orange color and are thicker from top to bottom, usually they also contain more caramel per coconut, and they are made with dark chocolate. The Caramel deLites, made by ABC Bakers, are actually hexagonal, with a more yellowish tinge, are made with milk chocolate rather than dark chocolate, and more of the cookie comes through in the flavor because of the lower caramel content. Overall they are both very popular, and most people never notice the differences. Both varieties come in purple boxes. The two types of cookie account for 19% of Girl Scout cookie sales, making them the second most popular types. But the taste does come with some sacrifice: Each Samoa incudes 75 calories (315 kJ), which means a single serving (two cookies) adds 150 calories (630 kJ) to your body. The silver lining for calorie counters is that one of the Girl Scouts cookie-making companies, Little Brownie Bakers, now offers all cookies with no trans fats

Source(s): For indian dishes http://afsarmnzkhan.googlepages.com/

i think samoas are better!

aren't they the same thing just samoas got cancelled??

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING - same thing, just a stupid name change...

perhaps the Samoans people were offended...