Lisa
Lisa asked in Consumer ElectronicsLand Phones · 1 decade ago

Caller Id...my number...????

OK the past couple of days I have been getting phone calls from my own number???? It says my name and my phone number on my caller id when it rings. I answer and no one is there.

Whats the deal??? This is the only phone in the house.

Also, this happens when no one is in the house too. I plan on calling the phone company but I was just wondering if anyone had any imput. No i dont have a fax or any other line. It's just my cordless phone.

Favorite Answer

it also can be someone using a caller-ID phishing pre-paid phone card....anyone can buy it for 10 dollars!

http://www.spoofcard.com/?gclid=CIypvZzoxYoCFQ5uSg...

• Rosa

1

There are ways to send a false phone number to the caller ID. Are you aware of any geeky stalkers in your life? Some suggestions: block incoming calls from that number, don't answer the calls, keep a written record of the calls, identify all the nerds in your life, if you think you know who it is, ask the police to contact him with a discrete inquiry. That should straighten him out. Good luck!

Do you have voice mail.....

Is it a cable VoIP phone, If so there is an issue with that the Cable company can fix

If you have AT&T or a non cable provider call the reapair guys as there too is an issue.

You don't happen to have a fax......

Try this call your number and as soon as you hit the last number hang up. see if you phone rings. It sometimes will....

• Diana

My phone I have call back , if I dial a number and it is busy , I hang up a few seconds later my phone will ring , when I pick it up it is ringing the number that was busy.Maybe that is it, if not call your phone company and let them know.

This used to happen to us when we were on the phone with someone, had a call waiting and switched to that one and then when we hung up the phone Our pphone called us back. We just called the company and the fixed it

• RICH

Do you have any 'geek' enemies.?? Look at www.spoofcard.com You can make calls using any caller ID info, (including your own) and even change your voice. So don't worry, it's someone messing with you.!!

yea thats kinda scary but maybe ur accidentally hitting a key on ur cell phone

That's scary.