What's the difference between goth and emo music?

I love all types of musics but my 13 year old sister has told me that one of my favorite songs, "Love Like Winter" by AFI is an emo song. I thought emo songs were depressing. Love Like Winter makes me want to get up and shake my booty--not want to grab a gallon of ice cream and cry. I always equated... show more I love all types of musics but my 13 year old sister has told me that one of my favorite songs, "Love Like Winter" by AFI is an emo song. I thought emo songs were depressing. Love Like Winter makes me want to get up and shake my booty--not want to grab a gallon of ice cream and cry. I always equated emo with goth music. But then my sister tells me there's a difference. She proceeded to explain the difference but I suddenly developed a headache midway through her explaination. Maybe you guys can help me out. Straight to the point please [I'd like some examples of groups and songs]
Thanks in advance!
Update: The question is, "what's the difference between goth and emo?" Seems everyone is answering everything but the question I asked.