promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Leukemia survival rate?

My find was just diagnosed with leukemia and i really don't know what to do or expect...i'm jus wondering what is the survival rate of leukemia patients...by the way the doctors said they cught it at a really early stage so they might be able to cure it...i just want to know how many people have survived form this cancer...if ypu know please answer

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

There are many forms of leukemia. There are many factors that will decide if she will achieve remission or be cured.

The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society has an excellent web site where you can learn more about the disease and talk to people that have survived it. The address is:

www.lls.org

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

To answer this well one must know the age of the person and type of Leukemia. The common childhood Leukemia, ALL (Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia), can have cure rates of 80%.

AML (Acute Myeloblastic Leukemia) is much more severe and has cure rates of 50% in childhood.

Other Leukemias such Chronic Myelogenous and Chronic Lymphocytic usually affect adults and have different cure rates depending on age and sub type.

Bone Marrow transplant have made a great difference in the success of treating a number of Leukemias , even when chemotherapy has failed.

Your friend has hope for a cure and please encourage him or her.

Source(s): Harrison's Internal Medicine Merk Manual Wikipedia had great articles on Leukemia- please check this first MD
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Since there is more than one kind of white blood cell, there is more than one type of Leukemia. The most common kinds are Acute Lymphocytic (ALL) and Acute Myelogenous (AML). To find out the survival rate, find out what kind your friend has. Both of these types of Leukemia are fairly treatable. Of the two, the survival rate of ALL is the highest at about an 85% cure rate. However, this type is more common in the age range of about two to eight years. The AML is not quite as easily treated, but carries a cure rate much higher than it use to. At this time, I think it is about 75%. A third type of leukemia is CML or Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia and is not as easily cured as the other two. What ever type your friend has, they will probably have to have two to three years of chemotherapy to begin with and then be monitored for about ten more years. The best hospital out there to treat Leukemia is St. Jude's hospital, they have the best survival rate of any other hospital in the world. Also, the best doctor to treat ALL is Dr. Pui at St. Jude. If your friend is not currently going there, I would suggest she switch hospitals and go there if possible.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

you really have to know which type of leukemia to know the percentages. But, its curable if caught at a very early age. But, I do suggest some of these medicines to help your friend.

You can try taking Cesium Chloride with Rubidium. I believe there is also one with DMSO. Its on some natural website made in 2000. I cant put websites here, so you can email me on that. Those are pretty much the two best natural remedies that you can combine to get rid of cancer. Its not a chemo therapy type of drug. Its about $75 dollars a bottle. A bottle lasts you a month. If you have heavy cancer, it will last you about 3 weeks. After taking the natural remedy, you need to eat some bananas or potatoes to replenish yourself with the potassium that you have lost. And, you can also take some Oxygen Drops with this. Cancer cannot survive if there is too much oxygen. What these oxygen drops do is help your body get more oxygen, thus killing any cancer that comes in contact with the extra oxygen. Do eat alot of greens, but I want to warn you of eating foods high in iron. These include but are not limited to broccoli, beef, red beets, etc etc. This is the natural building blocks of cancer. Without iron, it cannot grow. So, cut all iron out of your diet. Um, you should be eating more bran. So, look for bran cereals and brown rice. Thse bind with iron within the body, thus taking out everything that cancer needs. Good luck.

If your friend is weak and needs energy, go look up the "antidote" from biologicalmiracle.

Source(s): Email me if you need help...
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 years ago

first of all it is not common to talk with reference to the survival cost, in view that technology and medicines are starting to be better, new drugs and protocols are made, and each case has its own characteristics. Secondly, searching for the survival cost will no longer help the affected person or the buddies and family individuals of her. What she desires maximum is powerful scientific centers, love and prayers.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i had someone close to me die from AML, and i know another currently receiving treatment for ALL. It depends on the person, the age, the stage of the disease and which type.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.