Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

If you were to start a new religion built upon the worship of Rock bands/artists, which ones would be chief?

in the pantheon....and what would be the name of the religion?

I'd call it.....

jamanism....

For my creator....Buddy Holly

For the God of knowledge.....Dylan

For the Goddess of Love and beauty.....Sandy Denny (this one was hard)

God of the Sun.......Iggy Pop

God of the Moon.....Frank Black

Goddess of fertility......Liz Phair

God of War........Gwar

God of fire....Axel Rose

God of humor......Ray Davies

God of Music......Otis Redding

God of Peace......Van Morrison

I'd met and interviewed Billy Joe about 13 years ago....right before Dookie took off...and the guy was possibly the biggest doofus I have ever met. I also hate the music.

They might get Gods of immiating better bands from me....that's about it. Nirvana would be in that running as well.

This reminds me....I left out a God of the Underworld....I'm going Ian Curtis (although GG Allin was in the running)

Betti....having Spheris as Goddess of knowledge was a stroke of pure genius....absolutely brilliant.

It's weird...I always counted myself as a huge Zappa fan....my yahoo email involves the use zappa in the account name....

but the older I get, the less I like him lately.

I'm at the point where I can only listen to his most mainstream work....the other stuff just grates on my last nerve.

Favorite Answer

Thinking...

Creator would be: Elvis

Knowledge: Penelope Spheeris

Love and beauty: young Exene

Sun: David Bowie

Moon: Johnny Cash

Fertility: Rod Stewart

War: Johnny Rotten

Fire: Henry Rollins

Humor: Frank Zappa

Music: Peter Gabriel

Peace: John Lennon

Van Morrison for peace I don't agree with, maybe for meditation, though. But what about Green Day for the Gods of social justice and Karma? Just an idea. Why Buddy Holly? Just cuz he was one of the most important firsts? Like the creator? I'd have a bit more flare than historicity and go with Elvis. Religions have never really stuck to the historical record anyway.

• Witchy

I don't know....Pink Floyd and The Grateful Dead would have to be in there somewhere.

KISS (Gene Simmons) -- God of Thunder.

(Oh, come on, that was clever)