Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 1 decade ago

what does this mean? heard it said today!!!?

what does KAFFIR mean?? i heard a group of muslims shouting it at a white boy.

thanks

Kaffirs rule??

16 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The word kāfir is the active participle of the root K-F-R "to cover". As a pre-Islamic term it described farmers burying seeds in the ground, covering them with soil while planting. Thus, the word kāfir implies the meaning "a person who hides or covers". In Islamic parlance, a kāfir is a word used to describe a person who rejects Islamic faith, i.e. "hides or covers [viz., the truth]".[1]

Kafirs rule

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Kaffirs = non Muslims

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Kaffir is an arabic word meaning non-believer. It was assimilated into the Afrkaans language as an insult to native (black) africans as the seetlers had heard this term used by arab traders.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

kaffir means that a person who don't believe in god...muslims use it for the people who are not muslim...on the other hand,i don't like this word...i'm muslim but i've never used it.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • nosdda
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

This word comes from an African tribe who were known as Kaffirs. This name was adopted by the boers to refer to any one who was black.

• vivet
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

that was nothing nice. it is an insult

=an Arabic word meaning an unbeliever, a person who hides, denies, or covers the truth, used to describe an unbeliever, non-Muslims, a Muslim of a differing sect, or an apostate from Islam. It is usually translated into English as "infidel" or "unbeliever".

Be careful who you call Kafir "because only Allah knows who is truly a rejector of faith and who is merely a misguided person"

• 1 decade ago

'Kaffir' is a highly derogatory Arabic term used to refer to non-Muslims and white persons ,like calling 'honkie' but it literally means 'savage' and refers to infidels.

• 1 decade ago

the first time i heard it, it was in the movie lethal weapon 2. a bunch of south african bad guys (caucasian) called danny glover (murtaugh) a "kaffir". i assumed it was yet another substitute for the "n" word.

• Minxy
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

I don,t know cos its when my Aunt lived in South Africa

they referred to Black people as Kaffirs.

I don,t think it was meant to be insulting but when she

came back home and lived with us for a while, when

she saw our neighbour she described him as the 'Kaffer

next door'. My mom was horrified and told her we don,t talk

about our friends like that because they are a nice family.

Equally, my aunt said she did not mean to offend.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.