Serious opinion from men?

Should a relationship be 50/50 or should the man have more of a say. I believe all relationships should be equal, as to say that the woman has equal rights as the man. Also taking into account communication and compromise, amongst other things in order for the relationship to work. So, is there such thing as equality, or should the man have more of a say? Honest, serious answers only, please. I'm just curious as to what people think. I personally think, it should be 50/50.

Best Answer

I think the man should have slightly more say. just in terms of protection and tradition.

Before you can decide 50/50 this you must decide the value of things and who decides the value of things. Relationships should be give and take but many times the things one person gives is far less valuable than what the other person gives. Staying home taking care of a child and doing house work many be much more difficult that some jobs but some jobs not so much. An example would be if I get to chose a show in TV tonight it might be a month before I get to choose again. Some would call that fair some would not. If she missed an episode of american idol then perhaps it is worth a month. It goes much deeper than this and no relationship is 50/50. If you try for this then you are just keeping score and quite honestly building a relationship based on selfishness and pettyness. Learn to give, learn how much to give and learn to take. Never take more than you give. If both of you do this then you are doing good.

Yes I agree that relationships should be 50/50. I am not sure why you are thinking the man should have more say unless you like it if the man has more say. The best way to achieve the most satisfaction out of things is if it was decided on by compromise and is what both parties want.

Well, I think at least one person has to call the shots once in a while. You can't have 2 timid people in a relationship. The world will walk all over them.

My parents share responsibilities equally. Both are equally educated. They both work hard. They both cook (yes my dad can cook), clean and they both raise the kids. They've been together for over 30+ years and they love each other more and more each day.

I'm trying to emulate their relationship, making sure that my relationship is always 50/50.

How can you respect a person if you are in a 70/30 relationship?

Good luck.

There is no correct answer to this. Everyone has different tastes and needs. If you believe that a relationship should be 50/50, then by all means look for a man who shares the same view. But I will not tell any woman or man who wants the other partner to be more active or agressive in making decisions that it is wrong to want that. There's someone for everyone!

Yes it takes two people to make a relationship work, and as a team you both should try to help each other, come to compromises and what not... I do not believe the man should make the decisions, nor do I believe the woman should, I think your in a relationship together and both should have equal say in what is going on.

you already have the answer. Any relationship worth having that involves two people has to be 50/50. There are some things that are going to be done by one person over the other but as far as maintaining the strength in the relationship it has to be equal or it's not going to work because one of the partners is going to get bogged down if they have to do everthng all the time.

Dear young Lady,

I agree with you,it should be,the Reason to be with some one is about sharing,and if some one cant share,the better be alone,the only Way to be happy together is doing any thing together,if not,its not working,and a Waste of Time.So 50/50,I think its great,Karl

Oh please.

In any real world relationship the woman has much more say that the man.

50/50 to a woman means, 50% of the time, she gets to tell him what to do, the other 50% he has to do what he tells her.

It has to be 50/50 unless both sides want it to be otherwise. Women have the same rights as men to have opinions and to be able to say what they feel.

If things seem to be different from that around where you live you may want to consider moving to a more enlightened place.

I don't know that, for me, its as easy as balancing responsibility into percentages. I feel that all significant decisions be made together through reasoning and discussion. However, there are going to be issues that both partners feel strongly about enough to "put their foot down" so to speak. I feel that the other person should respect the opinion of them at that point, and honor their wishes. This is generally the way things go in my home. We make all decisions together, and if there is something that I (or he) feel so strongly about, I dont feel the urge to budge on my position, then I let it be known, and am most of the time able to get things my way (or him his) by simply playing the "this is really important to me and I feel you should respect it out of your love for me" card. Things generally work out well for us. I would say that we are truly happy after almost 7 years of marriage. We virtually never "fight", or even raise our voices to one another. I feel that this system for this particular question is a good system that works.