Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureMythology & Folklore · 1 decade ago

What is a good example of hospitality in modern literature?

I need two values in *The Odyssey* i already have greed-realation to modern lit--The Grinch..*So i need an example of HOSPITALITY..in modern litertature

1 Answer

Relevance
  • LupLun
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

ooohhh modern xenia eh...well, in this awesome novel by Alan Brennert called "Molokai'" he demonstrates traditional Hawaiian hospitality when the new exiles are sent to Molokai and usually stay with friends or relatives until they have their own place...but that's not too well known...

So how about... in Harper Lee's "To Kill a Mockingbird" Scout's poor classmate Walter Cunningham comes over for lunch and pours maple syrup on his food. Scout mocks him but Cal drags her into the kitchen and makes her eat alone because it is unacceptable to be rude to guests.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.