How do i wash my car without getting all the swirl scratches in my paint???

Favorite Answer

It's almost impossible to avoid the swirls but you can minimize them with a little effort. First would be to rinse the vehicle very good before starting to wash it, second would be to always use a car wash soap, not dishwashing soap or Dawn cause it will strip the wax, and always wash from the top down and rinse the wash mitt frequently with your water hose to remove the grit from the mitt. And keep a coat of good quality wax on your vehicle will go a long way to keep the swirls down. I have found that paste wax does better than liquid to provide a protective layer. A good brand I use is "Mothers" or any with carnauba in it. Hope this helps!

use a micro fiber wash mit, not a sponge, wash the car from top to bottom in a back and forth motion from the front to the back of the car. do not use a circular motion. this is what causes swirl marks.

Rinsing the car first with lots of clean water and then using lots of mild detergent with a soft mitt and then rinsing very well after. Dry with a chamois or soft towel, never in direct sunlight.