lkrhtr70 asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 decade ago

Squirrels Aren't they cute?

now that you're here-I'm tired of the same old dishes:fried squirrel, squirrel gumbo, squirrel w/ gravy-I've got a whole mess of 'em and need some suggestions.

I'm in Louisiana-yes this is real

a little like rabbit, wilder taste, dark meat-not as much as dove though(i can cut alot of the gaminess by soaking in buttermilk)

Thanx all, just needed some help brainstormin'. I'm gonna do a sauce piquant. Little-jerk sounds good-i'll try & find a recipe for next time, unless u can post it. Nicole, try a shrimp po-boy? lol, that's what I had for lunch yest. & I my red beans are as good as anybody's. Also, it's actually called squirrel-head gumbo; was just trying to spare you. You should visit more-we'd love to have ya. Very popular Cajun dish. Jenn, it's for Mardi Gras dinner tonight.

"Squeeler", I'm comin' to get ya!!!

Happy Mardi Gras y'all!!!-thanx again.

Best Answer

squirrel burgers

squirrel meatloaf

squirrel lasagna

squirrel in chili

squirrel soup

squirrel with ketsup

BBQ Squirrel

Cajun Squirrel

Camp Stew

Chicken Fried Squirrel

Chicken Surprise

Daddy's Squirrel Stew

Easy Squirrel BBQ

Mesquite Squirrel

Simple Roast Squirrel

Smother - Fried Squirrel

Squirrel Bog

Squirrel Cacciatore

Squirrel Casserole

Squirrels in Cream Sauce

Squirrel Creole

Squirrel Croquettes

Squirrel & Dressing

Squirrel Dumplings

Squirrel Jambalaya

Squirrel and Noodles

Squirrel Nuggets

Squirrel Spit

Squirrel Stew

Squirrel Stew Too

Source(s): My smart brain ;)

My parents are from Louisiana and I never heard of fried squirrel and squirrel gumbo. I love gumbo;my family put shrimps chicken and other stuff. I think u should try eating a po boy sandwich or red beans and rice. Peek me for th best answer I go there all the time. I'm going to Louisiana for spring break.

squirrel dumplings are my favorite. Baked squirrel is good to just don't bake it too long or on high it will get tough as a boot. Soaking it in buttermilk does help you can also freeze it in it too. you can also boil the meat and make it into a casserole. it takes alot of squirrels to have a good mess but it is well worth the time and effort. the best advise i can give you is pretend it is chicken and cook it just like chicken in what ever way you can.

Source(s): country girl at heart.

I used to have a cookbook that had "roadkill" recipes in it. (You know what I mean, like squirrel, possum, snake, stuff like that.) I can't find it. I'm not quite sure what the consistency of squirrel is, but I think it's a dark gamey meat, right? You could probably use a duck recipe, or any recipe calling for dark chicken meat.

Um... is this a trick question, i could no longer elect!!! the grey one is all like "my nut!!!, i'm gonna forget approximately approximately you and in case you bypass away i wont provide you rabies!!!!" and tehn the pink one is all "i'm too cool for you, look at my mohawk ears yo! gangsta ho!" and then the flying squirrels like "if i dont pass, you cant see me... huge animal withough fur and AHHH! vivid bulb, vivid bulb!" aww they're all so amazing

Squirrly Squrirly Why Squirrles nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo mINE

Source(s): Noooooooooooooooooooooooo Don't EVER EAT MY GUINEA PIG NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PLEASE NO NOT SQUELER MY LITTLE GUINEA PIG!
  • jenn_a

If you need dinner tonight, this is too late, but I like to throw 'em in the crock pot with some onions, celery, and garlic, and serve them with stuffing. (If you use Stove Top, it is a quick easy meal!)

What's the flavor profile like? I've never had squirrel.

http://www.backwoodsbound.com/zsquir.html

I've never eaten squirrels myself, but the link has TONS of recipies..

Good Luck!

grilled squirrels with jerk seasonings