Squirrels Aren't they cute?

now that you're here-I'm tired of the same old dishes:fried squirrel, squirrel gumbo, squirrel w/ gravy-I've got a whole mess of 'em and need some suggestions.
I'm in Louisiana-yes this is real
Update: a little like rabbit, wilder taste, dark meat-not as much as dove though(i can cut alot of the gaminess by soaking in buttermilk)
Update 2: Thanx all, just needed some help brainstormin'. I'm gonna do a sauce piquant. Little-jerk sounds good-i'll try & find a recipe for next time, unless u can post it. Nicole, try a shrimp po-boy? lol, that's what I had for lunch yest. & I my red beans are as good as anybody's. Also, it's... show more Thanx all, just needed some help brainstormin'. I'm gonna do a sauce piquant. Little-jerk sounds good-i'll try & find a recipe for next time, unless u can post it. Nicole, try a shrimp po-boy? lol, that's what I had for lunch yest. & I my red beans are as good as anybody's. Also, it's actually called squirrel-head gumbo; was just trying to spare you. You should visit more-we'd love to have ya. Very popular Cajun dish. Jenn, it's for Mardi Gras dinner tonight.
"Squeeler", I'm comin' to get ya!!!
Happy Mardi Gras y'all!!!-thanx again.