"G" asked in HealthDental · 1 decade ago

Baking Soda for whitening teeth?

Hey

I've Heard that baking soda whitens teeth but.....?

How long does it take for results to show?

and what are the specific instructions?

What about Lemon?

Does Brushing with Baking soda really whiten teeth?

Thanks

peace

and for how long should i hold the baking soda+toothpste in my mouth?

THANKS

Best Answer

YUP I often interchange my toothpaste with baking soda. Lemon, is a cleaner as well, I drink it in water. It's an anti-oxidant. I know that if you eat lemons they will eventually take the enamel off your teeth-they will look see thru like if you were anorexic. (from all the vomiting-stomach acid removed enamel) I just don't know about brushing your teeth with lemon.

• Susan

Baking soda is the best! I do it all the time and I saw results when i started within the first 3 days. But you need to do it properly. Put toothpaste on your bursh and bursh ur teeth with it a little until its all soapyish, then dip ur toothbrush in baking soda and brush for a full 2 MINUTES, Takes a long time to brush those stains away. and doing this twice a day for 3 days then you will have pearl white teeth!

Baking soda is great for cleaning your teeth. It's gentle and safe. If they are stained from coffee, tea or tobacco, you will see some results almost immediately. Just put some on a wet toothbrush and brush away. It doesn't taste very good, but it does work. (Baking soda will clean stains off china, countertops, etc. Try it.)

true0 baskin soda does whitten teeeth- I've tried it! You can buy special baking soda at drug stores that r made for whitenning teet. Just pour some on a toothbrush with thoothpaste and brush away. When your done brushing for like two minutes, your teeth will be somewhat whiter!

Source(s): experience
  • Amanda

Brush your teeth normally twice a day with baking soda. The results are not too fast. Personaly I would use white strips until you get nice white teeth then use baking soda to keep them pearlly whites.

Commercial tooth whiteners use hydrogen peroxide and

are expensive and inconvenient. A cheap and natural

tooth whitening home remedy uses few strawberries

but certain precautions have to be taken.

I found the information at

Get some Tooth paste with Bakingsoda and Peroxide. they work to gether to prevent decay and the peroxide Along with the bakingsoda Whiten The teeth

i think you leave it on for 10 minutes but im not sure

yes

yes becuase they put it in special toothpastes