What should I do if I find mold in my rental house?

I am in the process of moving out of a rental house. Yesterday I noticed the corner of the wall paper in one room was peeling and noticed behind it was mold! It freaked me out so I pulled all the wall paper down (it was old and ugly anyways) and there was mold all over the bottom of the wall! I think someone... show more I am in the process of moving out of a rental house. Yesterday I noticed the corner of the wall paper in one room was peeling and noticed behind it was mold! It freaked me out so I pulled all the wall paper down (it was old and ugly anyways) and there was mold all over the bottom of the wall! I think someone intentionally tried to cover up the mold with the wall paper because it was the only room in the house that had wall paper. My son has asthma and has been hospitalized 2 times since we have lived in the house and my husband is constantly sick with respritory problems. Since we are moving out next week I am concerned that the rental company may try to cover it again and the next renters could get seriously sick. What do I do? is there a government agency I can contact?
13 answers 13