Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

andykpln asked in TravelCanadaMontreal · 1 decade ago

what is Montreal like i have never been there before if anyone been there tell me about how you like Montreal?

Favorite Answer

Montreal is at its best in the summer, when there are a variety of festivals to see. International Jazz Festival, Just-for-Laughs Festival, FantAsia asian film festival, among others. The older section of the city has been preserved, cobblestone streets and all. In the old port area you can get a ride in a horse-drawn buggy. There is a mountain in the middle of the city which has mostly been preserved as a large park with walking trails. You can find just about any kind of restaurant that suits your fancy, from Swiss to Chinese.

Source(s): Lived in Montreal all my life.

I love visiting Montreal. It's vibrant and fun, there's always something to do, no matter what your interests, and its mix of English and French founding fathers give it a unique feel. I'm a small town girl, and I hate cities, but Montreal is an exception. The people there are much friendlier than in Toronto. Be warned if you're driving: Montreallers drive at high speeds ;) I usually go by train and travel by Metro (the subway) once in the city.

sailor said it best. she is 200 percent correct!

horrible...i wouldnt recommend going there