• Food & Drink >
  • Beer, Wine & Spirits
  • Food & Drink >
  • Beer, Wine & Spirits

Shelf life of whiskey, vodka, gin etc.?

• Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
I found some dusy opened bottles of gin, brandy, whiskey, crown royal behind a shelf in my grandmother's house. What exactly is the shelf life of vodka, gin or brandy after it ...show more
Best AnswerAsker's Choice
As long as it's been sealed, it should be fine. That stuff lasts FOREVER.

Asker's rating & comment

4 out of 5
I though so too.
  • 0
    0
  • Comment

Other Answers (3)

• Relevance
  • Rating
  • Oldest
  • Newest
  • GiggleFairy answered 8 years ago
    Call your local liquor store. They'll tell you accurately REAL QUICK! I had some questionable Vodka that had been opened, chilled, left in the car trunk, so forth and so on, and it was GREAT! Never would have tried it without their input. On the other hand, my Vodka's partner had to be trashed once it was opened.
    • 1
      0
    • Comment
  • kanman1958 answered 8 years ago
    If the tops were on tight it should still be good, even the brandy.

I once found some whiskey that had been sitting around for 50 years and it was fine
    • 1
      0
    • Comment
  • littleheadcat answered 8 years ago
    if they have been opened and dusty for years
    they will be drinkable
    but they will have a musky taste
    so if you are going to drink them---it's best to pour them through cheesecloth first
    it will help remove some of the dust and settlement from the bottles
    • 0
      0
    • Comment
  • Shelf life of whiskey, vodka, gin etc.?
    I found some dusy opened bottles of gin, brandy, whiskey, crown royal behind a shelf in my grandmother's house. What exactly is the shelf life of vodka, gin or brandy after it has been opened. Are they any good after many years of sitting? I heard that brown liquors such as brandy, cognac or crown royal will get some people sicker as opposed to white liquors like vodka, gin that I heard doesn't make people that sick. Is this an urban myth? I want to use the gin in lemonade or make a screw driver, but is the potency gone out of the liquor. I found one bottle of brandy that has the seal date of 1971 and it is half full. I don't think I would drink that. But I would like to know about the gin.
    Sign In 

to add your answer

3

Who is following this question?

%
    BEST ANSWERS
    Member Since:
    Points: Points: Level
    Total Answers:
    Points this week:
    Follow

Unfollow

Block

Unblock