If you were given the means and/or ability to cure a fatal illness,which would you choose to cure?

Why?

Favorite Answer

Leukemia. Because it seems to be the one that strikes kids the most and robs them of a life and deals their parents a lot of grief with ups and downs remissions and relapses. I feel for any parent that has to deal with a terminally ill child.

All forms of cancer

because once they really can always cure any form of cancer,

then that will probably lead to cures for all other diseases.

People who have Aids sometimes gets cancer, diabetics don't

always get cancer but end up on dialysis and that plus gangrene

is similar to the eatting away by cancer of body parts.

Cancer is the big one, cure it and will be able to conquer all other

diseases.

First, I would choose to cure hatred and ignorance, because that is one of the biggest problems in this world out of which so many deaths and other tragedies arise. However, for the scope of this question, I'd have to say all cancers.

The guy that I went to prom with has been in the news for his company's attempts to cure cancer. They apparently, have one of the most promising cures. I get e-mail updates regularly from his wife, who is probably trying to rub it in that I didn't like him and he married her immediately after. Anyway, I would have to say I would help him find a cure for cancer so he will be happy and rich and I can eat crow for the rest of my life! lol.

Just one?

I'd actually prefer to cure a debilitating but not fatal illness or group of illnesses. Say, malaria or river blindness.

I AM TAKING "FATAL" TO MEAN "NOT WITH THE LIVING". UNDER THIS CONDITION I WOULD BE THE CURE FOR MENTAL ILLNESS. IF EACH OF US HAS A GOOD BRAIN THEN DEALING WITH ANYTHING AND EVEYTHING ELSE IS POSSIBLE. TO BE MENTALLY ILL MIGHT MOST OFTEN MEAN BEING REJECTED BY THE "LIVING" AND HAVING NO UNDERSTANDING OF THIS REJECTION. I WISH TO END ALL SUCH NIGHTMARES; FOR EACH TO KNOW AND BE CAPABLE OF UNDERSTANDING AS MUCH AS MIGHT BE LEARNED.

I know everyone would like to cure AIDS or Cancer, but I am really going to have to say cystic fybrosis or downs syndrome. Not all cases of either lead to death, but the quality of life for those who have it is very limited. they should be able to enjoy life just like everyone else.

I have 2 family members with it. I would love to see them healthy!

• MI

Congential Heart Defects (CHD). Many babies are born with this and some of them don't live or have to have multiple surgeries to live. Or have a heart transplant. I spent 5 months at Duke (my granddaughter had CHD, she had a heart transplant at 9 weeks old) and the number of babies that died because of CHD broke my heart. To sit with the families and to go through this when it is a baby makes the disease so much worse.

Then what the children have to go through breaks your heart. I often wondered if it was me would I permit it. Children are innocent and it is so sad that some of them have to go through so much just to live and then it is even sadder when the baby passes because the parents are devastated.

I'd want to cure cancer since I'm pretty sure I'll be getting it in 20-30 years...

Just one? Rats, I was going for all of them. If I can have just one, I will take Diabetes ... both varieties. Far too many people suffer from this disease. It changes their lives and in some cases, limits them.