ashley asked in PetsFish · 1 decade ago

Sucker Catfish... HELP!!!!!!?

My sucker catfish has got some white hair-like things on its back of the head and it is just sitting on the glass ansd not eating (sucking ) anything...what must b the problem

Favorite Answer

It is an external parasite. Either a fungus or a protozoan. Treat it with aquarium salt or any table salt. It is most reccommended to use between 1-5 tbs salt per gallon. I have used just 1 tbs per gallon and it has worked for me. Try 1 tbs per gallon first, and if it does not start working within 3 days, increase to 2 tbs per gallon. Once it starts to clear up, stop adding salt and once the fungus is gone, leave the salt in the tank for 1 more week, before doing a small(5-10%) water change every 2 days to remove the salt. Don't do a big water change because removing too much salt may kill the fish. About 8-10 small water changes should do it, depending on how much salt you need to use.

Source(s): If you need more help from me, you can find me on my website. http://fwfanatics.proboards80.com/index.cgi

Fungus is your problem. Go to your fish store and get proper medication to treat that before it spreads!

• Rob

It is a fungus. Treat the tank before he dies.

its a fungus. you have to go to the petstore and get treatment for it!

I think it might have eaten to much algae