how much you rate for designing a website for someone?

i'm designing a website for a family member and i would like to know a reasonable rate.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

It depends on how complex it is, but £5-£8 pounds for basic, £9-£16 for medium, and £20-£45 for complex, these rates are per hour,it also depends on the size of website according to content extra. most websites for a small business would be about 5 pages in I.E, an index or homepage, about us, contact us, services, etc...(something about what you offer) and maybe a pricing structure. For a basic 3-4 page website i will usually charge the average Clint £400 but a family member gets it at half price so £150-200 and being as that its family, offer them one year of free management, I.E search engine submission, updates ETC.@

• Lucy
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

the ads should be above and away from the actual title header.. the whole page is too far to the right cuz your sidebar menu is too wide... the center content window (which im assuming was accomplished with a DIV tag) looks 'tacked on' it should have a background and better formatting...that and it would help if the links worked. all of the other DIV sections like thet menu on the bottom are missized...the should be no larger than the intended window size (which is usually the same as a screen resoulution...800x600...1024x768...etc) and whats the poiint of having the same menu on the left and on the bottom? not all the things on that page need to be in there own DIVisions....they can be a part of the page. CSS would have made formatting this HTML some much easier and effective.. sorry dude...to be perfectly honest...id give them like $100 for the troube, but id rather just send it back and tell them to do it right...

• 1 decade ago

well it depends on the size of website according to content extra. most websites for a small business would be about 5 pages I.E an index or homepage, about us, contact us, services (something about what you offer) and maybe a pricing structure.

for a basic 3-4 page website i will usually charge the average Clint £400 but a family member gets it at half price so £150-200 and being as tho its family offer them two years of free management, I.E search engine submission, updates ETC

• 1 decade ago

depends on how complex it is, but £5-£8 pounds for basic, £9-£16 for medium, and £20-£45 for complex, these rates are per hour

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Well £100 would be fair depending on the amount of pages

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You can find rates at kasamba

check below.

• 1 decade ago

It's your family and your gonna charge them?

just remember when you want something back from them, they might put a charge on thier service to you. i would anyway.

• 1 decade ago

did the **** above me just cpy other peoples answers and mix them all together ??? sure looks like it

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.