s_e_e
Lv 4
s_e_e asked in TravelAir Travel · 1 decade ago

What are the chances of getting a seat on standby?

All the flights on Southwest Airlines (a cheap airline if you haven't heard about them) are booked up on a certain day I need to fly. I'm thinking of going to the airport and being put on stand by. Is there a good chance getting a seat?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • dcgirl
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Actually you can only fly standby if you are already ticketed on a later flight on the same day. If you showed up at the airport and they had a seat available, you'd have to purchase it at the last-minute fare which is generally a lot higher than the regular fare. If you must go on that certain day, the best you can do is fly with a different airline.

• 1 decade ago

Well there are other requirements. But getting a seat on standby depends on other people who are already on the list and what position you are in. I wouldn't count on it. Try a different airline if you have to fly that day and do it in advance because the price of the ticket will dramatically increase.

• 1 decade ago

You can try and see. But your chances aren't too good, I would think. If you want to fly that day, and they're all booked up, maybe that day is a particularly popular day to fly. There's probably lots of people ahead of you on the list.

Maybe look at flying another less-popular day?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.