Psychology students: plz recommend some books.....?
I'm very interested in psychology, but a formal course is not an option for me right now. Still, I'd like to read and learn on my own. Could u plz name some books that are on the recommended reading lists at colleges? I'm looking for introductory, beginner stuff moving on to more advanced levels.
- Anonymous1 decade agoFavorite Answer
There are many aspects of Psychology, so some of this will depend on where your interest level lies. Below are some books I've read (and kept) from college.
- Psychology by Henry Gleitman
- Abnormal Pschology by Irwin Sarason
- Human Memory and Cognition by Mark Ashcroft
- Social Psychology by Baron Byrne
Some books (very interesting)
- Stanley Milgrim's Obedience to Authority (this is a classic & helps explain how holocaust happened)
- Cialdini's Influence
- Eyewitness Testimony by Loftus
- About Behaviorism by BF Skinner
Have fun with it. I find psychology fascinating.Source(s): Psych major from Dartmouth College