Anyone NOT have 2111 on their Peter Pan peanut butter lid?
I've been reading a lot of posts and it seems like everyone who has Great Value or Peter Pan peanut butter has one of the so-called contaminated jars with the lid showing the product code 2111. Does anyone currently have a jar of peanut butter that isn't part of the recall?
I have 2 as well...one bought about 2 weeks ago and the other bought 2 days ago. It's my favorite brand (honey peanut butter)!!
- 1 decade agoFavorite Answer
Well the hot line number is misleading. It makes it sound like if you have questions you can actually ASK someone there and they will help you. It's a damn recording telling you to send them your lid. Personally I think this is B.S. I have to PAY to send a LID so they can give me back my $4 minus the $2 it took for me to send to them - not counting the $10 co-pay per child to the doctors office last week for fevers of 105, vomiting, diarrhea, and headaches that we couldn't explain!? Minus the $25 in medication (Tylenol, Ibuprofen, Emitrol, Pedialite and Immodium) to help the kids get over this mystery illness that the doctor had assumed was the flu but wasn't real sure since their symptoms would leave and return repeatedly for the past MONTH! I am so pissed about this. Thing is, my kids love peanut butter. So they take a peanut butter and jelly sandwhich to school 5 days a week. I was repeatedly poisoning them and not even realizing it. My husband become ill for two days with vomiting, and diarrhea. I never got sick - I hate peanut butter. Grrr... so I am out roughly $50 over this damn peanut butter crap minus the 7 days each child missed of school and the wonderful note from the ISD telling me if they miss 3 more days in the six weeks period they are required by law to report me to the authorities for truancy. How lovely of ConAgra to be availble for my troubles which go MUCH further than, "Oops, I ate a sandwhich or two out of that jar .. I got slightly sick .. now what?". My daughter had a fever of 105.3 for FOUR DAYS because of this sh!t. You can bet I expect a bit more than a $4 check that doesn't even begin to cover my expenses. On top of it all, my son is having to spend his week doing DOUBLE the homework to catch up on the work he fell behind on while out sick for 7 days in a row (because the Dr. said "well the flu is going around, and I don't think a culture is necessary .. so just keep them hydrated and you will be ok - oh and no school till that fever goes away." GRRRRRRR).
- 1 decade ago
First the 2111 is the Plant number not production Code. They are recalling from now to last year. Any peanut Butter made at this particular plant is being recalled. One thing some people don't think about is that on a daily basis the plant is sanitized and new batches are made. Just because you have the 2111 code does not mean it is contaminated. If you read all the reports there has been no peanut butter actually found to have the salmonella in it as of yet. It is just suspected and there have been no confirmed (tested) jars of peanut butter with salmonella.
ConAgra is recalling as a precaution. Just because you get sick does not mean it is the peanut butter. There is a lot of flu going around right now. The only way to know for sure that it is the peanut butter would be to take it to a lab for analysis. This would be the only way to know for sure.
One report I have read said that 85% of the people that had gotten sick had eaten peanut butter. This is suspect to peanut butter but what sickened the other 15%??
We have a big container of peter pan and we are not throwing it away. Everyone in the family has been eating it with no problems.
Another thing to think about is that the company does testing on their peanut butter and has never had a positive hit on the salmonella. If they had a widespread problem they should have been getting some positive hits on their testing.
- 1 decade ago
We buy Jif so no problems here.
Anyone who has peanut butter with that product code should throw the jar away, but keep the lid to get a refund.
For more information, you can log on to www.conagrafoods.com or call the 24-hour hotline at 1-866-344-6970.
- Anonymous5 years ago
I saw another person posted about it, my peanut butter in now in the trash and the lid in the mail. (We had a jar of Peter Pan starting with 2111)
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- christine_Lv 41 decade ago
I had two of the 2111's. Damn you Peter Pan!
- Anonymous1 decade ago
we threw all of ours away... no one in our family got sick, not even my brother who has a depressed immune system. but all of our pb had 2111
- 1 decade ago
We buy Jif! I think the lawyers are going to get rich on this one.
- LyndaLv 71 decade ago
We buy another brand -- from the local health food market.