Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsOther - Diseases · 1 decade ago

is there a generic brand for the med Tricor?

• jljdc
    Favorite Answer

Yes, here is the information on it.

First-Time Generic Approvals: Periostat, TriCor, Foscavir

Yael Waknine

Information from Industry

PROTONIX® (pantoprazole sodium)

Learn more at the PROTONIX InfoSite:

Prescribing Information

Important Safety Information

June 21, 2005 — The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved first-time generic formulations of doxycycline hyclate 20-mg tablets USP for adjunctive use in the treatment of adult periodontitis; fenofibrate 54- and 160-mg tablets for use as an adjunct to diet in the treatment of lipid disorders in adults; and foscarnet sodium 24-mg/mL injection in 250- and 500-mL bottles for the treatment of cytomegalovirus retinitis and mucocutaneous herpes simplex viral infections.

Generic Doxycycline Hyclate 20-mg Tablets (Periostat) for Adult Periodontitis

On May 13, the FDA approved a first-time generic formulation of doxycycline hyclate 20-mg tablets USP (made by Mutual Pharmaceutical Company, Inc., Ivax Pharmaceuticals, Inc., and West-Ward Pharmaceutical Corp.; brand name Periostat, made by Collagenex Pharmaceuticals, Inc.).

Doxycycline hyclate tablets are indicated for use as an adjunct to scaling and root planing to promote attachment level gain and to reduce pocked depth in patients with adult periodontitis.

Generic Fenofibrate 54- and 160-mg Tablets (TriCor) for Lipid Disorders

On May 13, the FDA approved first-time generic formulations of fenofibrate 54- and 160-mg tablets (made by Teva Pharmaceuticals USA; brand name TriCor, made by Abbott Laboratories).

The fenofibrate tablets must be taken with food for optimal absorption and are indicated for use as an adjunct to diet for the treatment of primary hypercholesterolemia, mixed dyslipidemia, and hypertriglyceridemia in adults.

I got identified with the herpes simplex virus (type 2) about 4 years ago, whilst I was still in college and had a dumb one-night stand. I understand lots of people say this, but I swear I had never done that sort of thing before. I just made a mistake that one time and all of a sudden I felt like I was going to have to live with the consequences for the rest of my life. The worst part was feeling I could never date guys again. After all, who wants to go out with someone who has sores around her private parts? But since a friend shared this movie https://tr.im/CEiqw everything got better.

Not only was I able to eliminate all traces of the herpes virus from my system in less than 21 days, but I was also able to begin dating again. I even met the man of my dreams and I'm so fortunate to write that just last week, in front of everyone in a crowded restaurant, he got down on one knee and proposed to me! This system gave me back the opportunity to be happy and experience true love again. Now I want to help others by sharing this story.