Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 decade ago

The one with C. THOMAS HOWE and RAE DAWN CHONG where he pretends to be black to get a scholarship to college?

Favorite Answer

Soul Man is a comedy movie made in 1986 about a man who undergoes transracial transformation with pills to qualify for an affirmative action placement at Harvard Law School. It stars C. Thomas Howell, Rae Dawn Chong, James Earl Jones, Leslie Nielsen, and Julia Louis-Dreyfus.

Taglines:

Mark needs a scholarship to get into Harvard. There's one more available for a black student. The problem is Mark's not black... Yet.

He didn't give up. He got down.

Source(s): wikipedia
  • ?

I followed your link. A few thoughts. I hate the way people verbally destroy each other every day, all for nothing. Why? What does it get them or prove? When people rip strangers a new one, they surrender their humanity for the dubious joy of sounding bad. Oprah is far from my favorite person. But that's not the point in being offended by Chong's comments, that she verbally assaulted my hero. No, her comments would have been offensive had they been directed against anyone. They were mean and nasty. Rude for rude sake. When celebrity finally and totally deserts the once famous, they often seek a return to relevance in the oddest way. Anyone remember Meredith Baxter (who?) coming out at age 60something, after a couple of decades not being heard from? MacKenzie Phillips accusing her rock star dad of molesting her after 2 or 3 decades unheard from? You get my drift. I think Chong wants to be on the radar again. She has chosen a bizarre way to strike a blow for personal relevance. And yeah, if anyone responds to a coalescing nonentity at all, they will "Deen" her. You bet. Alternatively, they might offer her her own afternoon radio talk show.

Soul Man

Soul Man.

Soul Man from 1986, but the way, his last name is Howell

gee i didnt know C Thomas Howell was a howe lol

soul man

I liked that movie. Thinking about renting it now.

soul man!