My 6 month old neice has really itchy eczema all over her body?

Her mum is seeing a dermatologist with her and she has been given emulsifying ointment, hydrocortisone and doublebase which seems to ease it but then it flares up again and the itching is driving her mad, anyone got any ideas please. Thanks

Best Answer

Atopic dermatitis is an immune-mediated inflammation of the skin, often with a significant genetic component. Pruritus is the primary symptom; skin lesions range from mild erythema to severe lichenification. Diagnosis is by history and examination. Treatment is moisturizers, avoidance of allergic and irritant triggers, and often topical corticosteroids.

1.All eczema is commonly due to allergies and dry skin combined.

2. All alergies has resistance levels. This means if you give a product today and it was OK then that does not mean that person is not allergetic to it. Tomorow the same product can trigger allergies.

3. Protiens are the source of major allergies. Try to introduce protien rich food later. Also avoid milk, potatoes, wheat, eggs (esp. whites), sea-food, food colors, artificial food favorings and nuts.(Try goat's milk instead of cow's milk)

4. Keep the child away if you are cooking in your home. I found that the smell of allergy causing food also creates allergies.

5. Keep a log of daily activities including food / drinks, motion and irritations. If you keep the log it will be easier to find the problem foods.

6. Give one food for one week without switching. Start with rice and carrots or rice and broccoli (choose one). Give the same food for a week. If severe allergies are noted then remove it from diet and introduce a new one. Any one food introduced should be given continously for 1 week.

7. After giving a bath pat with a towel slightly leaving a film of water in the skin. Seal that to skin by applying thick gel like plain Vaseline. Many creams also create allergies so be careful in using creams other than plain unscented Vaseline. Also do not use the baby oil - many kids are allergic to mineral oil.

8. The allergies becomes severe if you reintroduce the same allergic food again and again but may go away if you remove it from diet for long periods like more than a month.

9. Angry and sad moods of child make the situation worse. I know that a child with eczema takes parents to the edge and many times we may become harsh. Try to keep your child happy.

10. An unconventional treatment, NAET (http://www.naet.org) worked well for my grandson. For people I have referred it did not work well since it depends a lot on the practitioner. For my granddaughter we did not take treatment since we knew a lot about eczema and could control it well.

11. It is late to tell you but it is best to introduce the solids a little late to kids with eczema.

12. If your child has severe itch, ask him/her to scratch using the back of the nails by scratching backwards (in the opposite direction of normal scratch). You can also scratch him like that. Less damage occurs by scratching reverse.

Finally you have to find out which foods are allergic to the child and you should avoid them one by one.

Please see the web pages for more details on Atopic dermatitis.

Cure Eczema Easily Naturally Forever

a book can't cure eczema.

info in the book might help you but that info is probably found elsewhere.

best advice: look to testimonials from others that have your same condition, see what works and doesn't work. Share knowledge.

What worked for our child, and in a big way, was a British made product, Salcura Dermaspray Gentle. it's now available from a USA distributor.. or get it over the counter at a British Chemist . There's some people with hand eczema that cleared up after using salcura. Look for the testimonials on line.

First off, I'm glad that she saw a dermatologist for the problem.

I took my daughter to a dermatologist which was also helpful. We treated with topical steriods and then sealed it in with Vaseline or Vanacream to break the itch-scratch cycle.

However, I believe that eczema needs to be treated both internally and externally.

To treat from the inside, I recommend all-natural Flax Seed (one tablespoon a day). The typical American diet is low in Omega 3 fatty acids. The single best source is all-natural flax seed. I've written an article on how it cleared up my daughters eczema if you would like more details.

http://www.answermarks.com/health/babyeczema.html

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): 6 month neice itchy eczema body: https://shortly.im/vimZU

I would ask if the child could be tested for allergy to dairy products. Often the cause is linked to beef type things, milk, cheese, yogurt. A change to a goats milk based diet may help, but should be overseen by a specialist, or monitored closely by them. Seek advice on this especially given the age of the child. I have seen this approach work, and the need for all the other creams etc vanish. I would be wary of the hydrocortisone, and use very very sparingly as it thins the skin.

Changes in diet should not be sudden.

I had really bad eczema when I was a baby. Again diary was one of the problems, I was put on goats milk rather than cow's. I was smoothered in E45, and use Oilatium in the bath (bear in mind I was a child of the early 80's things may have moved on!) I used to get it bad round my ankles and wrists so as a toddler I has wrist and ankle bands (like mini sweat bands) to stop me being able to strach it! Good Luck!

My boy has had eczema too. Changed his bodywash / bubble bath. All OK. used a neutral moisturiser.

Also cut out certain dairy step by step and found that cheese was the issue

When applying the cream, advise her to use only the amount that is needed, and not to rub too vigorously, this will cause friction and heat which will only make the itching worse. Seek advise from pharmacist if cream and ointments are safe to store in the fridge, if so this will help cool the area down thus help ease the itching. I used to work on a dermatology ward and we did this. Hope its of some help

If you're tired of all the scratching, oozing, ugly skin rashes caused by eczema and you're ready to show off the beautiful skin you know you have, you need discover this book.

A digital book that shows you how to cure eczema in a few days.

It provides you answers to practical, homemade and natural solutions, that anyone living in any part of the world can easily perform!

Hers a List of what you will Discover:

+ Eliminate eczema without the need of any medication.

+ Treat your child's eczema

+ Stop the itching

+ Eliminate dry skin for good.

+ Totally free from the pain and sleep at night.

+ Create younger, toned and firm skin.

+ Unleash your body’s own natural ability to heal itself from all skin problems.

Discover right Now - http://eczemafree.info

A 100% all natural remedy to Relieve Eczema Symptoms and treat the underlying problem.

Source(s): You Don't Have to Live with Eczema Any Longer - http://eczemafree.info