Any one else paranoid over their kids??

They world our kids are growing up in is not a nice one these days. The news constantly has stories of abuse, neglect, abduction- I'm constantly terrified of something terrible happening to my kid. Does anyone else feel the same??? When I go shopping I am terrified to take my eyes off my little girl, when... show more They world our kids are growing up in is not a nice one these days. The news constantly has stories of abuse, neglect, abduction- I'm constantly terrified of something terrible happening to my kid. Does anyone else feel the same???

When I go shopping I am terrified to take my eyes off my little girl, when she goes swimming with her dad I run through a check list with him of how he must not take his eyes off her, take her in the changing rooms with him, go with her to the loo - basically never leave her alone!

It wasn't like this when I was young - do you think this will harm our kids in any way, us being so over-protective as parents...

What lengths do you go to to protect your child and do you feel that it is bordering on paranoia?