How do you find out if you are a descendant of a veteran?

my grandfather was stationed in the Korean war but has since passed and I am not completely sure if he actually fought in the war or was merely stationed. I am applying for a 20,000 scholarship and this is the criteria. Is there a way to search and find out??

Favorite Answer

You really need to do more research on this scholarship! It says you can receive the scholarship if you are the child of a Korean War vet that was disabled, killed, or was a POW, not just because they served there.

I looked at the same one since my father served in the Korean War too. But he came home in one piece (thank God) so there for this scholarship doesn't apply.

You'd have to contact a Veterans Affairs office....my gramps served in Korea and he too just passed away. My grandmother had all of his discharge papers....ask you family where his are....