The U.S Army mission statement is established in Title 10 of the U.S. Code, as is the Army Reserve.
Mission of the Army Reserve
The Army Reserve's mission, under Title 10 of the U.S. code, is to provide trained and ready Soldiers and units with the critical combat service support and combat support capabilities necessary to support nation strategy during peacetime, contingencies and war. The Army Reserve is a key element in The Army multi-component unit force, training with Active and National Guard units to ensure all three components work as a fully integrated team.
Enabling the Army to do more with fewer resources, by providing a flexible, well-trained, complementary force that can expand and contract to meet the specific needs and challenges of each new mission.
* Training Soldiers at the highest possible level in one of nearly 200 specific skills in order to support the Army on any air, land or sea mission.
* Maintaining a force that can mobilize rapidly and skillfully at any moment to respond to a crisis or situation, or to defend America's interests at home and abroad.
* Building a stronger Army by drawing on the strength, support and success of all the diverse backgrounds and communities across America represented by the Soldiers in the Army Reserve.
* Anticipating the ever-evolving needs of today's modern Army and helping it transform into a smaller, faster, stronger force while continuing to protect the nation's interests.
* Implementing national objectives.
* Keeping the Army mobile, efficient and complete by providing specialized technological and troop support when and where it's needed most.
* Supporting national policies.
* Preserving the peace and security, and providing for the defense of the United States, the Territories, Commonwealths and Possessions, and any areas occupied by the United States.
* Overcoming aggressive acts from nations and terrorist groups that imperil the peace and security of the United States.
* Giving back to the community by providing civil support, i.e. food, shelter, safe drinking water and medical attention to our citizens during emergencies and natural disasters.