Doogie
Doogie asked in Business & FinanceInsurance · 1 decade ago

Does anyone have AFLAC?

If so, have you ever had to use it? Can someone give me some info on exactly what it covers and how well it pays you if you need to use it? I'm looking for a disability-type coverage in the event that I am injured or sick and cannot work. Is AFLAC set up for these kinds of problems or should I just go to my life insurance agent and purchase a disability policy from him? All answers are appreciated!

Thanks Joe P. I will email you when I get home tonight. I'm at work and there is something wrong...I can't use my email right now! Thanks!

• Erik N
    Favorite Answer

Aflac Disability CANNOT be purchase on a direct policy. because it is tied into your income, it has to be offered by your employer. Aflac does have other policies that you can purchase direct. go to Aflac.com (Aflacny.com if your in New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, or Massachusetts) or call 1-800-99-AFLAC to find an Aflac office near you. sometimes the agent you talk to can help get your employer to offer Aflac so you could get the disability coverage.

Source(s): Aflac agent in Michigan

If you don't live in Washington, Joe may not be able to advise you about AFLAC products in your state. They vary sometimes.

Disability is a product that AFLAC offers through employers. If it is offered through your employer then you can sign up for it there. To my knowledge, they do not sell it on a direct basis.

If AFLAC is not offered through your employer, contact your insurance agent and ask him if he offers disability products in the individual market.

He is probably a trusted advisor already. I would feel more comfortable dealing with him than someone new.

Source(s): Certified Insurance Consultant - Life/Health, Connecticut

I had AFLAC before my last child in 2004 and I absolutely had no problem with obtaining my disability benefits when I had to stop work at 8 months opposed to the regular 6 weeks. I would recomend them to anyone and I am not a salesperson. lol

I have AFLAC for dental and it's great. My m-i-l has aflac for when she's sick and has to miss work and she LOVES it, she says it's great!