I'm single ~ a slightly shy girl who loves reading books... How to attract guys to love me?

For some people, this question sounds dumb ~ but for me, it's certainly sensible to ask this since normally I feel all alone and lonesome after go back from school. No boyfriend, no fun activities to do outside...

Well, of course I've a bunch of cool, nice buds but they seem to enjoy their lovelife with boyfriends...

One night, I was cried silently in the bedroom thinking of this. I couldn't sleep afterwards. It really drove me nuts!

I love writing poems -- and usually my poems contain the words of loneliness and gloomy days... Most probably, it has its pro for me to have some kind of inspiration to write stuffs and things like that.

I've read an e-mail sent to me stated: "love is like a butterfly ~ the more you chase it, the more it will elude you..."

Is changing your personality will help you to get a good, smart guy? I'm too shy about this -- but I just couldn't contain my curiosity anymore!

A 19 years old girl & a college student.

~ Please help me...

Favorite Answer

Hey there! I read what you wrote and i'll gladly help you :)

First off, i know it's hard but really, dont go out looking for love..it'll find you. Why? Because if you change who you are now for the sake of attracting some guy, you'll regret it later when you find out that he loved you for the person you pretented to be..not who you really are. Be yourself, find or wait for someone who likes you for who you really are.

Relationships need alot of thinking. You have to ask yourself whether you're ready for totally new priorities. Whether you can meet the needs and wants of the other. Its hard to committ yourself totally to someone when in the end, they never did the same for you....

Okay, since im done giving warnings, i might as well get on with the other parts! Umm attracting guys...lets see...since you said you were shy, i'm telling you now, add a little sarcasm to your conversations and make it a bit lively if they already arent.

Guys like girls who can make them laugh, and at the same time can be sweet and understanding.

Another thing, dont make it obvious that you're "flirting". If he compliments you for the first five or so times then just brush them off, ignore them and deny them. Be modest.

Dont pay too much or any attention to your looks...please dont. You only push them away and at the same time ruin the beauty you already have. Guys dont like "fake" girls. Sure they go out with them and all, but after guys have had their fun, they'll leave them. They want someone who's real and who will last.

I can help you further but i need more to work with!! if you need more advice or help dont hesitate to email me or sumthing!! hope i've helped a bit!

Well don't change yourself, because then you'll find someone who likes an act of who you are instead of the real you.

I know all about shyness too, I'm pretty bad. I'd suggest some group type activities where you get to know people, maybe join some clubs on campus or activities boards. I know it's not exactly easy to put yourself out there but it does get easier. I guess my thinking is not only will you become less shy and find people with similar interests, but they'll also seem more approachable to you and you will seem more available to them. Also don't go killing yourself trying to find someone, I've found the less you look the more that become available. Good luck always. :)

I'm a nineteen year old college student and I too like writing poems and am too looking for love. Here is a poem that I wrote a couple of years ago

Defend our lady england fair roared sir francis drake

I'd rather die before I'd let the spanish overtake

We must stop the spainyards plunder as they race the seas

Or else our lady england fair will fall to slender knees

Email me at alextonkin133@hotmail.com and I'll be your friend. We can trade poems, like pen pals but on email.

Look forward to hearing from you.

You need to grab the bull by the horns, literally, and just go out there and find some guy and just tell him you want to suck his dick. Even if you don't go through with it, just the act of bring brave enough to tell a guy this will help you overcome your shyness. And once you've said something like that to a guy anything else will be cake.

go online to imvu.com thats where i found my gf but i csnt help u with me cuz number 1 im 14 and 2 im not single so i hope it works out for u!!!^_^

well, you will have to make some serious eye contact with some guys and smile at them. then just wait...

beg for it