My recent bloodwork showed that I had hypocalcemia and a lymphopenia.....?

I'm currently waiting for more blood results but was wondering if anyone has had these two weird things or if there are any suggestions as to what could be causing them??? My doc thinks it may be something to do with my parathyroid but all the lit I've read doesn't make sense! I had blood work run... show more I'm currently waiting for more blood results but was wondering if anyone has had these two weird things or if there are any suggestions as to what could be causing them??? My doc thinks it may be something to do with my parathyroid but all the lit I've read doesn't make sense! I had blood work run initially because I have had 3 episodes of terrible muscle and joint pain (similar to flu symptom) with an elevated temp. These episodes have happened in a period of 2 years since I moved to the tropics in Australia (from the US) and they usually last for about 3 days. There are no other malaise symptoms along with the muscle cramps and joint pain. Any info would be fabulous! thanks!
Update: thanks for that! I'll keep you posted re the blood results. Should know something in a few days. She requested another ca+ level and she also requested cd4/cd8 flow cytometry (have you heard of that test before?) along with the parathyroid hormone test. Can calcium levels fluctuate like that to cause the... show more thanks for that! I'll keep you posted re the blood results. Should know something in a few days. She requested another ca+ level and she also requested cd4/cd8 flow cytometry (have you heard of that test before?) along with the parathyroid hormone test. Can calcium levels fluctuate like that to cause the muscle pains? Oh and I noticed that flare ups occurred when my body/mind were undergoing high stress. Initially I thought I contracted one of the tropics viruses (like ross river or dengue). Thanks for the input! I appreciate it!
1 answer 1