Favorite home made recipe?

When you make a home made meal, what is it you usually like to make, or at least what is your favorite food that you like to make when you like to eat at home?

The recipe could be for breakfast, lunch, dinner or for dessert. It also could be a party appetizer.

Favorite Answer

TACO SOUP!!!!!

INGREDIENTS:

2 pounds ground beef

1 large onion, chopped

1 can pinto beans

1 can whole kernel corn ,drained

1 can stewed tomatoes - mexican style

1 can Rotel tomatoes

1 pkg. taco seasoning mix -(opt.)

1 pkg. original hidden valley ranch dressing(dry)

2 1/2 cups water or more, to make soup broth

PREPARATION:

Brown ground beef and onions in a large pan, drain off fat. Add remaining ingredients and simmer for an hour or so. When ready, serve in big soup bowls, and have a skillet of hot cornbread to eat, too.

Source(s): www.southernfood.com

Scrambled Eggs

Use this recipe for a good breakfast:

3 eggs

1 oz. black olives

1 oz. shredded cheese (any kind of cheese will do)

1 small can mushrooms (with no liquid)

Ketchup (optional)

Mix eggs well together well first, then add the rest of the ingredients (except the cheese).

You can use either butter or margarine in the pan. Now put the egg mixture (with the black olives and mushrooms) in the pan.

While the scrambled eggs are cooking, make sure you mix the eggs around so the eggs are evenly cooked.

Once you have finished cooking it, put it on a plate. Now, you can add the shredded cheese to the eggs. Wait a minute or two so the cheese could melt.

You can add ketchup to the scrambled eggs to add extra flavor, but it is optional.

Date Nut Pudding

Boil together 3 minutes & put in bottom pan

1 1/2 C. boiling water

1/2 C. br. sugar

1 T. butter

Batter , mix together

1/2 C. br. sugar 1 C. flour

1 T. butter 1 t. baking powder

1/2 C. milk 1/2 C. walnuts , med pieces

pinch salt 1/2 C. dates

Put batter by spoonful on top of the juice mixture .

Bake in 350 degree oven till batter seems baked through .

Serve cold with whipped cream on top or I use cool whip .

This is the way Aunt Laura told mom to make it .

We had it for Christmas almost every year when I was young .

We love it .

Chicken with Tabbouleh

1 1/2 cups boiling water

1 cup bulgur wheat

1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (2 lemons)

Olive oil

Kosher salt

1 whole (2 split) chicken breast, bone in, skin on

Freshly ground black pepper

1 cup minced scallions, white and green parts (1 bunch)

1 cup chopped fresh mint leaves (2 bunches)

1 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley (1 bunch)

1 hothouse cucumber, unpeeled, halved lengthwise, seeded, and medium-diced

2 cups halved cherry tomatoes

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

In a heat-proof bowl, pour the boiling water over the bulgur wheat. Add the lemon juice, 1/4 cup olive oil, and 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt. Stir. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and allow the bulgur to stand at room temperature for about 1 hour.

Place the chicken breast on a baking sheet and rub it with olive oil. Sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper. Roast for 35 to 40 minutes, until just cooked. Set aside until cool enough to handle.

Remove the chicken meat from the bones and discard the skin. Cut the chicken into medium dice and add to the tabbouleh. Add the scallions, mint, parsley, cucumber, tomatoes, 2 teaspoons salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper. Season, to taste, and serve immediately or cover and refrigerate. The flavors will improve as it sits

• Toni B

I have so many favorite foods that it is hard to choose. I think the best is roast leg of lamb or london broil with tziki sauce. I marinade the meat in olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, fresh garlic, italian seasons, salt and pepper . I put all of this in a food processor and then pour over the meat and let sit. Then grill to rare and wrap in aluminun foil and leave sit for 15 minutes before slicing. The tziki sauce is made with yogurt (first I drain the yogurt by putting a paper towel in a large fine strainer) put garlic, a peeled and seeded cucumber and onion in a food processer. In a bowl mix together olive oil, vegetable mix, yogurt, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Serve this with baguette. YUM YUM...

taco soup as well... but i make it differently.

INGREDIENTS:

2 pounds ground beef

3 large onions, chopped

2 cans pinto beans

1 can whole kernel corn ,drained

2 cans stewed tomatoes - mexican style

1 1/2 cans Rotel tomatoes

2 pkg. taco seasoning mix

3 pkg. original hidden valley ranch dressing(dry)

PREPARATION:

Brown ground beef and onions in a large pan. Add remaining ingredients and simmer for an hour. When ready, serve in big soup bowls, and have a skillet of hot cornbread to eat, too.

i like to cook black bean soup, with pieces of pork. Season it near the end and have rice to pour it onto...pick your favorite spices, I like the cuban ones. the rice can be white or brown. I add chopped onion, peppers(pick ur type), cilantro etc. It's a great comfort food for me and I change it just about everytime I make it!!

my scalloped potatoes are my favorite thing to eat at home.