what is better? medicare supplement or medicare advantage plan in indiana? and why?

Favorite Answer

Hi - I am an health and life agent in Oregon - so the best answer I can give you is going to be generic.

A real Medicare supplement, such as a J plan, will provide you with coverage that goes with you, including travel out of the states, the excess charges and deductibles are covered, and other then the cost of the plan there are no out of pocket costs.

A medicare advantage plan can have co-pays and limits to coverage if you are traveling. You need to ask the agent to compare plans for you, and based on your budget and physical needs- which plan would be right for you.

While Medicare advantage plans can be less costly, sometimes the co-pays and other costs can add up to actually costing you more then a Medicare supplement - but as a consumer, you have the right to know the differences and what the real costs are-

In this case I would suggest going to a licensed insurance broker who can sell either type of policy. The broker will be able to give you a choice of companies that can fit your needs and budget.

Thanks for the quest - hope I helped

I have found the source box to be a good resource for this type of insurance. There are a variety of ways to go about this so I suggest you research some of the companies for their offers.