Did you read Encyclopedia Brown when you were young?

What was your favorite?

Best Answer

Leroy "Encyclopedia" Brown is a fictional boy detective, the main character in a long series of children's books written by Donald J. Sobol since 1963.

In December 1963 I was married. Maybe one day I'll read it to my grandchildren (if I'm fortunate enough to have any)

I LOVED Encyclopedia Brown. I had three or four of the books but I don't remember any of the titles. ^_^

• Mandi

Most definitely! I don't really remember one as being my favorite, but the one that really sticks out to me involved penguins living in the South pole, or something like that (it was in a museum.)

Yes!

I don't remember any of the names, but I managed to get my friend so obsessed with the books that she named her cats after the cats in the book: Little Hex and Big Hex.

I don't have one favorite, but I loved this series especially because you got to figure out who was at fault.

They were great - read 'em in elementary school in the mid '60s.

I did, but I don't remember which one was my fav I don't even remember any of the titles, but I do remember I could never figure them out by myself!

Yes.

Was he like a boy detective or something?