Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 1 decade ago

What Should I read?

What book should I read?

Favorite Answer

you should read because your mind absorbs more than when you watch t.v. or listen to the sony radio or i pod, and you should read carefully. You read trash and your mind will work like a trash can, you read positively upbuilding literature and you'll hold up a strong sense of yourself and the world, self esteem and a proper perspective. Recommended reading? That'd take too long to answer, but the best book I've ever read is by Arthur Conan Doyle. Oh, and read the L.A. Times, it is still the best journalism in California as far as I'm concerned, and any other newspaper is greatly tainted by politics.

Source(s): I've read newspapers for some time, and I like to keep up with what is going on around me here locally and in the world in general, and I've discussed this issue with other people and they usually answer that the reason they don't like reading the newspaper is because of all the bad things in it. My advice, in order to be able to read the newspaper, you have to be ready to look at the eye of the storm with a healthy perspective of life and reality as long as you aren't the one making front page news.

My suggestions would be,

Harry Potter by J.K Rowling

1. Sorcerer's Stone

2. Chamber Of Secrets

3. The Prisoner of Azkaban

4.The Goblet of Fire

5. The Order of the Phoenix

6. The Half-Blood Prince

7. The Deathly Hallows

Percy Jackson by Rick Riordan

1. The Lightning Thief

2. The Sea Of Monsters

3. The Titan's Curse

4. The Battle Of The Labyrinth

5. The Last Olympian

The Heroes of Olympus by Rick Riordan (The series following Percy Jackson)

1. The Lost Hero

2. The Son of Neptune

3. The Mark of Athena

4. The House of Hades

5. The Blood of Olympus

Divergent by Veronica Roth

1. Divergent

2. Insurgent

3. Allegiant (I haven't read the whole series but so far, its amazing.)

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

1. The Hunger Games

2. Catching Fire

3. Mockingjay (I also haven't finished the series but its really good so far)

Well I honestly can't think of any other series you should read. But you should definitely check it out!

One really fun series is the Blackbird Sisters by Nancy Martin. They are basically mysteries, but have a bit or romance and a lot of humor as well. The first book in the series is called How To Murder a Millionaire. I found it to be a fast and entertaining read.

If you like it, the author has her own Yahoo Group called Blackbird Sisters. Members can talk about the books and ask the author questions, which she is always happy to answer. She even gives away copies of her new books as they come out! Also, other group members might be able to suggest additional books you might like.

Good luck in finding some enjoyable books!

Kimmie

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/blackbirds...

Me Talk Pretty One Day- the funniest collection of autobiographical essays - it quite well registers as a manifesto about language itself. Wherever there's a straight line, you can be sure that Sedaris lurks beneath the text, making it jagged with laughter

Kite Runner- Traces the unlikely friendship of a wealthy Afghan youth and a servant's son, in a tale that spans the final days of Afghanistan's monarchy through the atrocities of the present day

Snow Flower and the Secret Fan- A story of friendship set in nineteenth-century China follows an elderly woman and her companion as they communicate their hopes, dreams, joys, and tragedies through a unique secret language.

The Color Purple- Two African American sisters, one a missionary in Africa and the other a child-wife living in the South, support each other through their correspondence, beginning in the 1920s.

The Life of Pi- Possessing encyclopedia-like intelligence, unusual zookeeper's son Pi Patel sets sail for America, but when the ship sinks, he escapes on a life boat and is lost at sea with a dwindling number of animals until only he and a hungry Bengal tiger remain.

Try The Long Walk by Stephen King. It's not a "monster-horror", but rather a psychological thriller. Very good.

my favorite books of all time are 1- she's come undone, 2- i know this much is true, 3- the harry potter series.

Steven Brust, To Reign in Hell

The Kite Runner

Twlight!!!