2007 Nissan Altima?

I just bought a 2007 Nissan Altima manual shift. I have some problems on this car so please tell me if you have same problem as mine.

1. it is really hard to shift from 4 to 5 and 5 to six on manual shift.

2. the original factory exhaust is pretty loud from shift 1 to 2, like 350z or G35. I didnt modift my exhaust system.

3. I think the nose proof is not good enough compared with my roommate's 2007 camry and 2005 accord. The above 2 cars are quiet and almost no nose from engine and b/w road and ties when driving.

Best Answer

What trim and model size is your 07 Altima?

Sounds like you have a SER

So its hard shifting from 4 to 5 and 5 to 6th gear? Since it should still be under warranty, I would have Nissan check the fluid levels in the transmission. Also make sure that you are pushing in the clutch all the way as you put the gear selector in gear.

If you do have an SER model, the exhaust is probably louder (from the factory) than the SE or SL models. First gear in 6 speeds are pretty short, if you are heavy on the throttle I can see the exhaust getting pretty loud. Also, the newer 3.5 Altimas are making more power than the previous models.

Well, sometimes car makers will not provide the refinement and noise reduction for sport models in order to give the owner a performance experience while driving. If you have an SER Altima, you may not have the smoother ride of the SL or the noise deadening of the other models. A lot of times luxury and a smooth rides are the compromises you make for performance.

Take it to the dealer. You have a pretty decent warranty with Nissans. I bought an Altima last November, but it is an automatic (no, not the CVT... I didn't buy the '07, but saved about $3000).

The shift problem sounds like a clutch adjustment. As for noiseproofing, which model did you buy? The base model has the same noiseproofing as other models, but manual shift powertrains are louder than automatics. Are your roommates cars also manual transmissions? Smoother shifting will make some minor difference with the interior noise level as well.

I've driven the 07 Altima as well as Accord and Camry and thought it was far superior to the Toyota and at least equal to the Accord. I found it very quiet, not quite as quiet as the Camry, but quieter than my 05 Maxima.

I did not drive the manual shift, but if I had the same problems you've had I'd be at the dealer doing something about it under warranty instead of wasting time on Yahoo Answers.

Any problem will get worse with time, so get it fixed YESTERDAY.

I just bought an '07 charger. I was looking at altimas as well but they failed to impress me. Resale is almost the same for both, except if you're buying the charger r/t which is at least 7k more than the V6 models. The charger is hands down the more stylish of the two. Gas mileage is not too far off. The altima(vs charger 3.5) probably wins by a few gallons. Oh, don't buy the 2.7L chargers. They aren't meant for long term driving(small engine...heavy car). Good luck!