Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 decade ago

Why do people flock to dumb movies like Smokin Aces?

Favorite Answer

Hollywood panders to what will sell. Apparently what will sell is moronic mind candy. I haven't seen Smoking Aces so I don't really know anything about it, but I'm guessing it's probably pretty dumb. If people get smarter, they will watch smarter flicks. Alas, this does not seem to be the trend at the present time. "Smart movie" means: Uh, oh, not gonna get it, why pay money to see it?; And/or chick flick. It's not Hollywood's fault (not that you implied that it was).

a good movie is a matter of taste. im assuming you like independent movies that are more psychological and emotional than the mainstream movies which are more action packed. Thats because the mainstream public is dumb and has a small attention span. They can't handle tough concepts or too much emotion so they flock to no-brainer movies where you just have to sit and watch.

Um, I don't flock. I will probably never see Smokin Aces in my lifetime, even if it's the movie on the plane when I am flying to Hawaii.

Better question: Why do they flock to dumb movies like Epic movie?

one word: entertainment. movies like this arent supposed to be taken seriously, questions like "how deep is the plot?", "what is the movies message?" are not supposed to be taken into a movie like this. The reason you go to a movie like this is solely to be entertained by the awesome special affects of today's movie industry. Its very entertaining to see crazy dudes running around with chain saws, people impersonating and disguised as others, a girl sniping from building to building, and attractive women. That is the reason people "flock" to movies like this.

Dumb people like dumb movies

• JADE

Mindless entertainment will take one away from everyday problems and concerns for an hour or two. It's a form of mental escapism.

If it was in America then that is why. Sadly Americans are getting dumber everyday.

Source(s): I am American

Because we are really stupid lemmings without a hint of intelligence.

• Jeff

why do they flock to see "jackass'? Who knows?