How much is the value of a vehicle effected if it has a rebuilt title verses normal value?

If I have a vehicle that has a salvage title but I rebuild it very carefully and it passes inspection, what is the difference, in terms of value, between the rebuilt vehicle and a "normal" vehicle?

Best Answer

you would get back abot 40 to 50 percent less depending on your craftmanship.

I would say 30-50% depending on what kind of vehicle. Also, you must make a buyer fully understand that a vehicle does have a salvage title before selling it.

Source(s): used to own a body shop

Nope. The car will not be worth as much as a clean-title car. The questions a potential car buyer would be asking are: What did the thieves break to get into and start the car? How recklessly was it driven while it was stolen? Was the car found abandoned or did the police ram the car trying to get it to stop? How bad was the total damage and who fixed the car?

A dealer would give you about 1/3 of the regular value, IF that much. You may be able to find an individual who would buy it, but still for around 40% or so less than normal. They are a good buy for someone, but only if they intend to keep them for the duration.

When I was in the car market about 3 weeks ago I kept seeing some cars that were being sold for about $2000.00 less than the average asking price.

When I looked in carfax, they did not have a clean title.

Source(s): A true story (experience)

Unfortunately - a lot of difference - as once a car has been wrecked - it does not have the same value as a car that has not been wrecked.

it is still a salvage title. you still on have salvage value.

C'mon man think!! What kind of car,what year etc..etc..you didn't give us any information.