How would you deal with this reaction to your skin if water makes it turn red and swell up after a shower?

When I take a shower I get red marks in small areas on my face and neck and within 3-5 minutes they go away. I am not really worried about this but other people have seen this and they think it is terrible that I have some disease/abnormality. That I should go to a Dr. and get all kinds of tests. I think it is just... show more When I take a shower I get red marks in small areas on my face and neck and within 3-5 minutes they go away. I am not really worried about this but other people have seen this and they think it is terrible that I have some disease/abnormality. That I should go to a Dr. and get all kinds of tests. I think it is just a reaction to the different types of water! like hard/soft water. It happens to other family matters and it goes away, should I be nervous or just let it go? I hate Dr's so I don't really want to go!
Update: Sorry I meant to say family members!