Training House Rabbits?

My partner and I have two house rabbits which are about three months old now. Unfortunately, they have destroyed most of our furniture through chewing. I have given them lots of wooden toys to chew on but still they go back to the furniture, is there anything I could put on the furniture which would repel them?... show more My partner and I have two house rabbits which are about three months old now. Unfortunately, they have destroyed most of our furniture through chewing. I have given them lots of wooden toys to chew on but still they go back to the furniture, is there anything I could put on the furniture which would repel them? Also, recently they have become very skittish and do not like being handled at all. I would like to go back to the time when we first got them when they would come to us to be picked up and cuddled. I realise once that we have them spayed they should calm down a bit but until then how would we go about calming them down and letting us handle them again?
Update: No, I've never hit them but I have lost my temper and shouted at them and then shut them back in their cage which they hate. I have seen a cat scratching post with a little house attached to it, would this be suitable as a chew tpy/hideaway for them?