Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Tuscan themed dining room and living room ideas?

My house is a raised ranch. My living rrom and dining room, hallway and entry way are all the same wall basically. I painted it a mustard yellowy golden color for walls. The ceiling is a buttery yellowish color. I have a dining room set that could adapt to the Tuscan theme. I am changing my old living room furniture. What should I buy? I want a love seat and 2 side chairs only. Coffee table and probably 1 end table. I was looking on line for pictures of Tuscan decor. I can't find them. I'm finding pictures of places in Italy but not appropriate for my budget or taste. What colors should I buy for furniture? My kitchen is in a dark red brickcolor which goes well with the gold in the other rooms, since you see all the rooms as you come up the staris and I have red and gold accent pieces in my kitchen.

Can someone help?

it sound like it's bright. But it really isn't with everything put back into it. I wish I could show you guys a picture. At night, especially, the room look like they glow.

• Favorite Answer

I went with a Tuscan theme in my house too. Burgundy, yellow, turquoise, olive green are my colors. I have an open floor plan and plan on painting all my walls a goldish brown.

Southern living has unique Tuscan style housewares, see site below, I have the olive jar.

I think an olive green love seat or chaise in velvet would look classy perhaps a few wrought iron pieces (benches, end tables, side chairs painted black) old vintage posters or replicas, postcards and wood signs look cool. An old farm kitchen table can be used behind the sofa/loveseat or the legs cut off for a coffee table. Small ceramic tiles are a neat accent on a shelf or hung in multiples on the wall, over a window or a door. Chandeliers, sconces, wine rack and pottery add the feel of Tuscany.

here's a little project for ya;

get a shadow box and fill with winecorks or toss a bunch of corks in a basket.

• ?

I think a butterscotch color on the walls would be warm and go well with your red furniture. Cream colored trim on the widows. Buy or make throw pillows that go with your red couch and have the wall color in them, too.

• John

Classic style arm chairs, upholstered in darker earthtones, kind of victorian, but not really.

ummm it sounds like u got it it all under controll wow but some really bright colors

check out art.com-you can by just prints or have it mounted and framed, they have everything you can imagine.

Good luck!