Question about deep cycle/ marine batteries.?

I am interested in finding out the ablility of deep cycle or marine batteries to power an air conditioner. Looking at a 5050btu window unit (115 volts, 4.7 amps, total of 540.5 watts [surge wasent listed]). I know that marine batteries are different from deep cycle, but not sure how. Any reccomendations on what... show more I am interested in finding out the ablility of deep cycle or marine batteries to power an air conditioner. Looking at a 5050btu window unit (115 volts, 4.7 amps, total of 540.5 watts [surge wasent listed]). I know that marine batteries are different from deep cycle, but not sure how. Any reccomendations on what i would use and how many I would need to run it for 6-8 hours, and what kind of inverter and charging system would be required. Please be as detailed as possible and dont answer if you arent sure. thanks
Update: this actually isnt for a boat, but i posted it here because i know this is where people with experience in these things look. a generator is not an option in my application