What are the best ways of rooting out corruption practices in many african countries?

• Favorite Answer

I can think of a few ways (for all countries)

The current state of the news media is partially to blame for the public’s general lack of information vital for reacting to corruption. The news media has become an aspect of show business, offering merely infotainment. It has evolved into an entity that tends to function as a public relations agency for wealthy and powerful multinational corporations, members of Congress, the current Presidential Administration including the administrations that preceded it. And many Nations have this problem. We are not being told the truth-or it is slanted. The news media is being utilized as a political tool of suppression and propaganda by those in power, and propaganda is psychological in nature. Full of half-truths and utter misinformation, it’s an arrogant and very commercial strategy. Time to put the pressure here on what people are being told. Hold them accountable for their part.

The accomplice to the crime of corruption is frequently our own indifference. We need to start stepping up to the plate and speak out!

Help in world wide education system (but it would have to be corruption free--I don't know of any)

In truth you ask a hard question--corruption is so wide spread it is hard to give any country help. Next to impossible. So it lies in the hands of the people (and my belief God). Maybe we all need a course in the right and wrong of things and make sure we are applying those principles and casting out (not ignorning) those who are not folllowing a good lifestlye. The only trouble is we cater to the Rights of the corrupted by our own laws--common sense has lost ground.

It takes political will and the prosecution of these crimes with vigor. The thing is though that the problem is so pervasive, that the very lawmakers themselves could get caught up it in, for past "sins." I think the best thing is to declare an amnesty for past sins, and start from this day forward. Corruption is an insidious problem that stifles a country's growth and keep them forever locked into third world status, to be looked on as banana republics. This is not to say though that even developed countries do not engage in this practice. Look what they happened in Iraq, after the U.S. took it over.

Pfft good luck. I need to figure out how to get rid of corruption in my own country(USA) first.