Which Church is the TRUE Church of God - Catholics or Mormons?

Clearly, when Jesus Christ was on the Earth He taught only ONE faith and established ONE church. What He preached during his earthly ministry was HIS Gospel, devoting His life to accomplish the will of His Father. It's very obvious that Jesus wouldn't teach to join just ANY church...He would want His... show more Clearly, when Jesus Christ was on the Earth He taught only ONE faith and established ONE church. What He preached during his earthly ministry was HIS Gospel, devoting His life to accomplish the will of His Father.

It's very obvious that Jesus wouldn't teach to join just ANY church...He would want His brothers and sisters to join HIS Church. But which one is it?

The only Churches that currently have any leg to stand on are the Catholics and the Mormons, primarily because they both claim to be established by the Divine inspiration of God. Both claim to hold the Holy Priesthood Authority, or the right to act in the authority of God, a gift that the Lord gives unto His children but ONLY if they're worthy to receive it. Of course, this Priesthood is only carried by men, or the Sons Of God, in order to use to bless their family members and friends. The gift wouldn't do any good if the worthy male commits sin because then the Spirit of God will have left that individual.
Update: Some of you who have responded question my rationality behind why Christ taught ONLY one faith...let me refer you to this scripture...Christ makes it PERFECTLY clear: Ephesians 4:4-5 4] There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; [5] One Lord, one faith, one... show more Some of you who have responded question my rationality behind why Christ taught ONLY one faith...let me refer you to this scripture...Christ makes it PERFECTLY clear:
Ephesians 4:4-5
4] There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;
[5] One Lord, one faith, one baptism.

The second question I've received most is what makes me think Christ established a Church. Once again, let me refer you to this scripture that makes it very simple:
Matthew 16:28: And I also say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it.

So clearly, there is only ONE true Church. Christ built up His Church during His earthly ministry but once Christ and all of the Apostles died, man began to argue over what Christ TRULY taught and they began to establish their own churches and distort the Lord's teachings. Therefore, there HAD to be a restoration of the Gospel. Refer to Acts 3:19-21 to see.
Update 2: A "false religion" is a Church that DOESN'T teach its members to follow and abide by the teachings of Christ. A "false religion" is also a Church that doesn't FOLLOW-UP on its members to make sure that they are doing so. The Scriptures are a navigational guide that Heavenly Father... show more A "false religion" is a Church that DOESN'T teach its members to follow and abide by the teachings of Christ. A "false religion" is also a Church that doesn't FOLLOW-UP on its members to make sure that they are doing so.

The Scriptures are a navigational guide that Heavenly Father provides to His children if they feel they are getting lost along the way.

Of course man can influence man. A mother and father can tell their child what is right and wrong, but there are always going to be friends of that child who try and pull them astray or influence them otherwise.

That's exactly how it is with religion. Christ taught ONE FAITH, ONE CHURCH, ONE BAPTISM. Once He died, people influenced one another of what THEY felt was truly right.

There are a gazillion different translations of the Bible now and a Church at every street corner preaching a different message. Do you truly think in your hearts that this is what Christ wanted? Why don't you pray about it and ask Him yourself?
39 answers