Why deny global warming?

Why do people constantly deny global warming as fact. It has lots of scientific evidence to back it up. People keep saying it is a liberal scam, but can't show any evidence against global warming. They say things like "if global warming is real, why is it so damn cold?". Its cold because it is... show more Why do people constantly deny global warming as fact. It has lots of scientific evidence to back it up. People keep saying it is a liberal scam, but can't show any evidence against global warming. They say things like "if global warming is real, why is it so damn cold?". Its cold because it is WINTER. Winter isn't suddently going to go away. The point is that our Earth is getting gradually warmer over time which could eventually result in an environment not suitable for humans to exist. Is that so hard to believe? Every intelligent Republican I know believes in global warming. Is it just the few idiots bringing them down, or do the majority of Republicans deny it because the Democrats got it first?
Update: My details come from the independent science report put forth by many lead scientists from many different countries. Also, of course CO2 doesnt trap heat. It creates somewhat of a 'thicker blanket' of the atmosphere, which in turn traps more heat. Also, if you are going to comment on this question,... show more My details come from the independent science report put forth by many lead scientists from many different countries.

Also, of course CO2 doesnt trap heat. It creates somewhat of a 'thicker blanket' of the atmosphere, which in turn traps more heat.

Also, if you are going to comment on this question, please say something intelligent. (Some idiots already ruined that)
19 answers 19