Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCareers & Employment · 1 decade ago

RELOCATING TO Madison, Wisconsin? worth it or not?

Relocating to Madison, WI for a job? worth it?

I'm a single black female - I was offered a job in Madison, WI. I'm from NJ. I have been doing web research without much luck, just business environment. I want to know about social aspect. are the race relations good there? what's whether like? is it worth relocating or too much of culture shock? also what's dating scene like? do I absolutely need a car to live there?

Favorite Answer

Hello, I currently live in madison. For job aspects, it depends what field your job is in. The people of Madison are amazing. They're nice and many greet you in the streets. I have many african-american friends that live in madison and the race relations are wonderful. The weather can get cold in the winter, it's currently freezing here lol but it doesn't last that long and in the summer, it can get into vegas weather. Depending on where you live, many people don't need a car, the city has many bus services. At first of course, it will feel weird living in a new state and moving to a compleatly different location.

I accept as true with the previous answerer 2n2222 or regardless of. I lived in Madison for the duration of portion of the 70s and 80s and have on account that visited there often. it relatively is a incredible place to stay with stable race family. You do desire a automobile, nonetheless. in any different case, you're certain to experience claustrophobic after a whilst.

You absolutely need a car to live there

Madison was rabked as one of the top 100 places to live in the US in 2003

I don't know much about the dating scene

There do not seem to be any racial tensions beyond the occassional redneck you would have anywhere

All in all a good place to live

It all depends on how much the job is going to pay. You can worry about the social environment down the road. If the job is going to put a lot more money in your pocket, and you have no direct reason to stay in NJ...then I would move

It's got to be very cold. If it's small town, you might experience cultural shock. I got that when I went to the south, I'm from NJ also.