your favorite airbus and boeing airliner?

which is your favorite airliner of these two major manufacturers, what do u think of illiushin-96, why arent more airlines using it even though its a lot cheaper.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Well, this is a good and hard question. As an avaition buff, I really admire both the companies for coming up with different approaches towards aircraft building. But if I had been given the tough choice of picking between these two, I would have to go with boeing, simply because I love the B777-300 ER and mighty B747-400!

As for IL-96, it is a good aircraft but reliability becomes a problem as it has a small market and russian avaition has not been doing very well for the past decade with numerous crashes.

Boeing and Airbus has suppliers of spare and vital parts all over the world whereas for Il-96 you can only look to Ukraine and Russia. Not a very good idea when you are operating your fleet of aircrafts frequently and delay in spare parts and maintenence could cost the company millions in revenue

• 3 years ago

this question back? This, as has been pronounced, may be argued about continuously, and many of the factors of argument are very subjective. Airbus is unquestionably held to be extra prestigious in a great number of factors of the international: many Asian better 1/2 and toddlers airways really state this! Boeings are extra likely to be seen as both equipment to get the pastime finished (which they do), or cattle autos (a truly effortless euphemism reserved for the 747) Your declare to Boeing being extra experienced is specious: the agencies that shaped Airbus were airplane builders themselves. Douglas pioneered airline vacationing, no longer Boeing, with the DC-3: in all likelihood the first "international" airplane in that it change into outfitted in great nubers and served fairly a lot everywhere- and nevertheless does. constructive the Boeing airplane got here out first, notwithstanding the DC-3 change right into a workhorse. The B-17, P-38 and different warbirds are irrelevant previous nostalgia. The British ought to as truly declare that the Avro Lancaster change into extra admired, as if it truly is a correct way of judging an airplane builder. safe practices? in case you imagine for one second that both business business enterprise slacks off the following, you need to be very incorrect. Like autos, older airplane are extra frequently a fabricated from their use and high quality of upkeep fairly than something else. therefore, there are some distance extra dodgy Boeings contained in the air. convenience? it truly is extra a function of the airline and it is chosen cabin outfit. Flying 100 situations a year and extra, i go with with assistance from airways, no longer the airplane sort. Boeing is likewise broke. Airbus is likewise suffering. neither is financially sound really. Boeing lives off subsidies from the U. S. defense force (ok, they don't look to be formally referred to as subsidies, yet that is what they effectively are). Airbus also receives subsidies, and so what?

• 1 decade ago

Favorite Airbus: A320-200

Favorite Boeing: 717-200

The reason why most airlines aren't using the Il-96 as well as other Russian airlines is probably because of political reasons as well as the fact that they hardly have anything in common with the fleet the airline has already.

• 1 decade ago

AIRBUS A380 rocks , but they are having a ton of production delays and that is why Boeing is taking the market share. Ironicly both planes have major parts built by the same company Sprit areo systems. Spirt use to be Boeing untill a big buy out a couple years ago.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I like the B737, not too big not too small. Plus Airbus isn't so efficient as Boeing.

Ah I just looked it up. Well the plane isn't so large, and the B737 is about the same. And much more popular as well, therefore it could mean it's efficient. So it could be which is more reliable to use, and maybe it's the B737.

• 1 decade ago

Boeing 777.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

747 and airbus 380

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I like the 777

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

DreamLiner

• 1 decade ago

Maybe because it isn't as good of a quality plane

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.