Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

smitty asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 decade ago

cervical leep surgery?

i had cryo & laser surgery about 10 yrs ago. i was clear for a while, then began having abnormal paps again (however hpv tests are negative). now my doctor wants to do a leep surgery. she wants me to go under general anesthetic, she said a local is fairly uncomfortable. can anyone offer advice on what to expect and recovery?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I can tell you what I went through when I had my Leep done. I suffer from Endometriosis so my doctor had to do it quickly because of the cramps that I was having, but they did give me a local and that helped. It was uncomfortable but not as bad as I thought it was going to. Afterwards I was told to take it easy for a day and then I could get back to everything in my day to day work.

Before I went I took some Motrin along w/ my pain meds (again for the Endo) and then when I came home I laid on a heating pad and took it easy, and I felt fine the next day.

Hope this helps you. Good Luck.

• 1 decade ago

Run a search for LEEP and you'll find a number of websites that will give you a great deal of information including websites with actual patient forums. There's a lot of info and you can review it at your convenience. I wish you the very best luck with this.

Source(s): I'm a nurse.
  • 1 decade ago

My friend had that procedure done twice and said that she really didn't feel much. Good Luck.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.