Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceInvesting · 1 decade ago

Can I open offhore bank account, depositing cash?

Well,

My question is how to open offhore bank account in the most confident way.

I mean, I dont want to send funds from my existing bank account to the newly opened offshore...I would like to send the cash itself via mail, to the bank abroad? Is this possible?

The reason I do it is that I dont want my relatives to know how I operate with my money and where they are.

Thanks alot!

• Amy V
    Favorite Answer

Yes, of course you can. Bermuda is very popular for doing this and there are many attorneys there that would more than happy to help you set this up, for a fee. They may also maintain bank statements issued from that bank for that account. But deposits are up to you. European number accounts are also popular, but you need to have an address for statements to be sent to. I wouldn't advise sending cash via mail, there is no guarantee it will make it there. And if its gone its gone. But setting up international EFT is a piece of cake and can be done from the convenience of your home PC. My personal preference is to escort my money to its destination though.

Western Union, but the fees are high. OR use your local bank and wire fund