feminine force and masculine force?

Do you believe that for a romantic relationship to be successful and work that one person in the relationship needs to be the feminine force and the other the masculine force? so the feminine force works off from emotions while the masculine force works off from logic.

Favorite Answer

The Tao is composed of many forces, usually in dyads: male / female; good / evil; yang / yin; light / dark. In a dyad each force defines the other, they cannot exist without the other and therefore a being is not whole without a balance of forces. This is true for a person or a relationship. If the forces get out of balance then the person / relationship / society becomes sick.

Source(s): Tao Te Ching

i think there needs to be opposite forces, maybe not feminine and masculine, but there need to be two things working against each other. For instance, two people stand inside a rubber band and lean away. That stay together when the forces are balanced and remain polar opposites, but major discrepincies can shift everything and the relationship will falter. There is always a little give and a little take.

No, I believe you are over-generalizing the situation. Both males and females carry, at least to some degree, both forces. "Women" <-> "emotional" is a sexist stereotype, just like "Man" <-> "logical". Men are also emotional, the fact that we expect men to be less emotional and more logical only serves to force the male to hide his emotional side out of fear of looking female.

To your question, no, I would not say that one person has to be more stereotypically female and the other more stereotypically male. There are plenty of homosexual relationships that appear fully functional without one member acting according to "male" stereotypes and the other member acting according to "female" stereotypes. While we may attribute these characteristics in our evaluation, they may just appear because we look for them combined with particular circumstances.

I think each relationship is so intricate and complex that it cannot be reduced into male and female terms. To try to categorize and qualify it as such would make the relationship seem like a brick in a pyramid, when really each relationship is unique and dynamic.

No, I believe that is an antiquated notion. I believe that men have just as many emotions as femals, and I believe that working from your emotions doesn't defy logic as some would have us believe. I believe emotions are valid experiences that need to be acknoledged and heeded. Basically, this used to be the way men dismissed females. They said men were rational, logical creatures and then females could only ration from their emotions, therefore they were less intelligent and less able to be taken seriously. I think that is ridiculous and that everyone works from their own emotions and experiences, men and women, and that both women and men have both logical and emotional capabilities.

Beautiful thought Bilbo...but those days are gone. Now its the feminine Smile power which defeats masculine will power. Tears lost its value by being misused. Its long since I cried. Tears will not work well in my house........

feminine force is not threw violance it is threw these following things,minipulation,fear and any clever or tricky things in genral masculine force is threw violance so cleary no...

force like a magnetic force, yes

Rather than matching forces, I think it is matching neuroses. (By the way, your avatar makes you look like you have a moustache. Fix that.)

lets face it the women has them booth she can swop and change

sure but both male and females are emotional...neither one is either or.