Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

I would like to know if I should gain weight?

I am 19 years old. I weight 106.4 and i'm 5' 6" i'm also a female. I would like to know if I should gain weight. I'm afraid to because all my friends say I should but they are all bigger. Are they just saying that so I will weigh the same as them or do they actually care? I'm not anorexic i just have a really good Metabolism. Let me know what you think.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

A healthy weight for 5'6" is between 117 and 143 lbs and your BMI is 17.5. A healthy BMI is between 18.5 and 24. You are a little under weight but you are still young and if you eat enough and eat healthy foods you are fine. I wouldn't worry about what your friends say as long as you are eating enough.

Source(s): RD
  • Odie
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

I'm 5'11 male mid 30ies and weigh 125. I have had this build for as long as I can remember. Fortunately I look healthy, most people don't believe me when I tell them my weight. I feel healthy too and am energetic. I find I can do many more activities than my larger friends and intend on keeping my slim build. Unless your Doctor says otherwise I would suggest you stay the way you are.

• 1 decade ago

a lot of ppl will say that if you are skinny, theyre stupid, adding weight will just add more fat to your body lowering your muscle-fat ratio. Dont try to gain weight, besides when you get older youll probably gain weight so just keep good eating habits like healthy foods, youre fine

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Eat healthy. Your friends shouldn't put pressure on you to gain weight unless you are abnormally unhealthy. Your weight by height sounds fine but just don't change because your friends want you to

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Well, if you are worried about it you should see your doctor. Look on the website I added below. It will say if you are considered underweight or not. If you are healthy, I wouldn't think it's too big of a deal but I would still talk to your doctor. You should be going in for a yearly physical anyways to talk to him/her then.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Enjoy it while it lasts is all I can say! Your metabolism will slow down the older you get so your body doesn't need a head start on packing on the pounds.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i think u r good like that i think your friends r jjelous as hell they want u to weigh the same as them so they dont have to b jelous n e more i think ur fine the way u r and some advice i think u need to get new friends ditch tem find more friends its not hard to do that

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Nah i wouldnt worry unless you are unhappy, i am 5ft 4 and weigh 90lbs n i have no eating problems, so there really is nothing wrong with you

• diva
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

you seem to be at a good weight, if your eating healthy and excersisng and not starving yourself, then who cares, tell your friends to drop the subject.

• 1 decade ago

i think u should play sport and eat then Ur body will look better

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.